2.16 Renaming Tool
- ImageCool Renaming Tool allows you to easily rename multi-images or photos in batches. You can use 22 templets and 40x40x40 methods theoretically to rename your files. You can even use the EXIF information in your new file name.
- Please follow the steps below:
1. Open Renaming Tool dialog: Choose menu item "Tools > Renaming Tool".
2. Drag and drop your photos from Windows Explorer onto the preview box or list box, and select the files which you want to process in batches.
3. Choose a templet(there are 22 templets) to rename your files directly.
You can also rename your photos by changing the options one by one.
The new file name consists of three parts at most. You have 40 methods to create each part, so there are 40x40x40 methods theoretically to rename your files.
ImageCool supports EXIF information of JPG format, you can use EXIF information for renaming or numbering your JPG photos. For example, you can use "Time Taken" or "Aperture Value" in the new names.
When you change the options, the new name of the current file will be shown as an example.
4. Choose Options
Numbering, Numbering Start:
Set number type for renaming
Date Type/Format, Time Type/Format: Set date/time type for renaming
Create Comparison Report: After renaming process, ImageCool will create a report for you to verify or review the renaming.
Move Old Files to: The selected files(with old names) will be moved to a selected folder as a backup.
Save New Files to: The selected files(with new names) will be saved in a selected folder instead of the original folder.
Donot Delete Old Files: As an accessorial option of "Save New Files to", you can choose it.
5. Click "Rename Now" button
Other Functions or Options:
1. "Load/Save project" function
You can save the current options as a project file for next usage.
- 2. "Undo" function
ImageCool will restore all the selected files to their original names.